- Enjoy the amazing scenery surrounding the active volcano Aso
- Visit a small village and learn about the rural culture
- Experience farm life and make your own lunch from fresh ingredients
- Interact with locals
- Learn about the fascinating history and culture of the Aso area
Start of the tour by visiting the heart of the Aso scenery, Daikanbo! Together with your guide, you will head to the highest point of the north caldera wall where you can enjoy the jaw-dropping sight of the five peaks of Mt. Aso and the huge volcanic caldera.
Your guide will help you understand this unique landscape and take the experience to new heights!
If you're already familiar with Daikanbo, we can, of course, bring you to some of the other amazing spots where you can feel the great nature of the Aso area. How about the stunning Nabegataki falls, where you can walk behind the waterfall? Or the famous hot spring area Kurokawa onsen, known for its magical outdoor baths?
After getting a feel for the landscape of Aso we head to one of the small communities that exist in the vicinity of this huge volcano. Here we will explore the true Japanese countryside and meet some of the locals who live here.
With their help, we will learn about life and culture in rural Japan, harvest vegetables, cook food, and enjoy a lunch together made from locally sourced ingredients! A true hands-on Japanese farm-to-table experience!
This is a half-day tour that gives you the best of two worlds! The amazing scenery of Japan's largest active volcano, but also interaction with local culture! Come and enjoy some of the most beautiful landscapes and heartwarming hospitality that Japan has to offer!
- 08:30 Meetup at Daikanbo Observatory
- 10:00 Explore a small farming village in Aso, Minamioguni
- 11:00 Farm vegetables and prepare lunch together with locals
- 12:00 Enjoy lunch together with locals in the rural atmosphere
|2 - 4:||15,000 yen p.p|
|5 - 8:||13,500 yen p.p|
- Lunch, Insurance, Transportation between locations, Guide fee
Tour does NOT include
- Transportation to Daikanbo
Tour operates: All days
Group size: 2 - 8
Language: English, Japanese, Swedish
Meeting time: 08:30
Meeting point: Daikanbo Observatory
Returning time: 13:30
- - Wear comfortable clothing
- Meeting point and contents can be changed per request
- The transportation cost between locations might change slightly depending on the contents
- Free transportation can be arranged to starting and ending point of the tour (to the closest bus station, etc)
- The tour might be canceled due weather or other unforeseen circumstances