- Learn the unique kirie techniques from a real pro
- Create your own personal artwork
- Spend a day in the beautiful rural town of Minamioguni
- Interact with locals and get a feel for the countryside life in Japan
- Enjoy a tasty lunch made from local ingredients
Make your own personal kirie artwork together with a professional kirie artist.
Learn the fine techniques that have been polished over 30 years.
Enjoy a lunch made from locally sourced ingredients and meaningful interaction in the idyllic rural location.
Let yourself be absorbed in the fun and relaxing process of doing Japanese kirie!
A perfect way to spend a day if you like arts & crafts. Depending on your schedule, go for an easier motif and finish after lunch. If you really want to immerse yourself in the art of paper cutting, go for the long course and spend an entire day.
- 10:00 Meet up at Minamioguni Tourism Information Center
- 10:30 Arrive at the kirie workshop - introductions
- 11:00 Individual work
- 12:00 Lunch break
- 13:00 Continue individual work
- 14:00 Experience ends (Extended course continues until 16:00)
- 14:30, or 16:30, Return to Minamioguni Tourism Information Center. Tour ends.
|Short course: 1 - 5 (no interpreter, Japanese only):||5000 yen per person|
|Short course: 1 - 5 (incl. interpreter):||10000 yen per person|
|Long course: 1 - 5 (no interpreter, Japanese only):||7500 yen per person|
|Long course: 1 - 5 (incl. interpreter):||15000 yen per person|
- All materials including picture frame and washi paper
- Lunch (bento box made from locally sourced ingredients)
- Instructions directly from professional kirie artist
Tour does NOT include
- Transportation to and from the meet up point
Tour operates: On request, all year around
Group size: 1 - 5 people
Language: Japanese, English, Swedish
Meeting time: 10:00
Meeting point: Minamioguni Tourism Information Center
Returning time: 14:30 or 16:30
- ・Participating without an interpretation guide is only available to fluent Japanese speakers.
・Readily prepared stencils are available if necessary.
・If you want to do your own original motif, let us know in advance and we will give you further instructions for preparations.
・If you can not finish in time, you will be able to bring the material home with you, but not the knives or other tools.
・For further questions, reach out to us through the contact page.